Sunday 15 January 2012

KFC Fresh Sub - second chance

Was at KFC for a Dinner box, and I figured that I'd give them a second chance with their Chipotle Sub (the worst one of their newest items, that I reviewed last week here).
After all, everyone can have a bad day, so maybe the mess they served me last time was just a combination of errors.
Getting it home, I unwrapped it to find that at least this time they got the right sort of chicken (the grilled, not crispy), plus it actually had sauce you could see this time. But as you can see in the picture below, it is still light on salads, and the chicken fillet was just cut into two in a rough way, as was the single slice of cheese.

The Sub would have been a lot better with the chicken cut into four strips, so that you don't end up eating half the sub with no chicken in your bite. It actually took me three bites from both ends to finally get chicken in my mouth.
The presentation isn't the best, but this is KFC, not a gourmet restaurant.  It holds together better than the Signature Burgers did.
So with the added sauce and the right chicken this time, I give this one a 2/5 now. Equal to the Honey Mustard Sub. (but still not worth going back for another one though)

Since this is being heavily promoted by the cricket... the Subs at KFC were a big swing and a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment