Tuesday 27 December 2011

HJ's Onion Rings Challenge - second attempt

After failing to reach my limit of Onion Rings last week, I wanted to revisit this with a larger supply to chew into... I just wasn't planning to attempt this again for a while, as it isn't healthy consuming that much saturated fat in such a short amount of time.
But Christmas Eve, I had the time (and was away from home) so decided to get this out of the way.
I was in Warwick for the weekend, and stopped into the HJs there, and ordered 10 large servings of Onion Rings, plus 2 Cheeseburgers (with added onion of course) because they were only 95c.
I also asked for some sauces, specifically Honey Mustard and Sweet Chilli, but the girl at the counter messed up, as she gave me Sweet & Sour sauce instead (which I didn't find out until I got to the motel with my dinner).

So at the motel room, I emptied out all the Rings, and after separating 50 of them to keep track of how many was my limit this time, I chomped into this mountain of fried, fatty food. (image below is of all 210 - if they put in 21 Rings in each large serve that one of the other stores told me).

The first 50 was easily eaten... I then separated another pile of 50, to continue the gorging.

100 down and I was starting to feel full. Which was odd, as the previous attempt had me eating 126 and a large burger before feeling full. (this was after 100 was eaten)

It was slow going for the third lot of 50, but I eventually finished them off, and that was as far as I could go... this time at least.





That remaining amount didn't look like 60, so I think the Warwick HJs must have had "smaller" Large servings to other HJs.
I had the remainder the next morning, with the two cheeseburgers (reheated in the microwave)...
The competitive nature in me wants to beat that record... but I won't let myself for a few months at the least.
For now, my official limit currently stands at 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment